Thursday, August 19, 2010

20. Sweet Nebula

High on photoshop filters, I tried this out. At first it was supposed to be Mimosa, the mermaid (her hair was greener) but then I gave her the moonie effect, which is putting stars and galaxies in her hair.

Side-note!
Moonie was my Ragnarok Online nickname and I still use it. Moonie comes from Moon Crystal, my high priestess who had captivating eyes, where the colors of her iris' would swirl from blue to green and you could see the whole universe in them. Long story short, you could probably get lost in them, for real. In the shadows of her hair, you could see the stars, moon and the rest. Quite a captivating character. I tried writing back stories, but I'm not really skilled in that domain so you aren't gettin' any ! >:D At this point, since I do not play RO anymore, I'll probably be changing her outfit (high priest design belongs to Gravity) but she'll become an original character.


Soooo, this is Moonie without her high priestess dress I suppose :D! Used a reference for the hand positions. Still I don't consider myself skilled in coloring, I'll have to study that specifically :3! I was trying out a more realistic nose.

2 comments:

  1. Is this the same character with the long blue dress on your deviantart account?

    She turned out great.

    The star filter looks amazing with her hair. Nicely done :)

    By the way, do you prefer comments here or on your deviantart account?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! Yes this is indeed the same girl. In fact I wanted to keep her batwing ears but I kind of forgot them when this unknown girl drawing became my famous moonie :)! She appears to be wearing "real life" clothing but she's still going to remain in the fantasy world with probably the fancy dress and all that jazz.

    Thank you for such a nice comment :D!

    As for commenting here or DA, I dont mind. But you'll probably be notified better on DA when I actually do reply XD Thats a small thing that irks me on this blog, I'd like to reply but I dont think there is any way to notify the commentor....other than replying in the commentor's own blog haha @___@ ooh mouthful of text. Plus the descriptions will never be the same..or almost :D

    But everything you see here will not be posted on DA, as you probably noticed already. A small portion makes it to DA to keep my page alive but I see this here more than my own personal website to post up some sketchs and unfinished AND experimental stuff :) !

    Though I cannot lie, seeing a "1 comment" is a heartwarming feeling :D

    ReplyDelete